Thursday, March 08, 2007

Come on...someone throw us a bone!

Well, it's official...the CCAA only got through 10 days worth of LID's last month (10/14 through 10/24).

In order for us to have any hope of traveling to China this year, the referrals would have to look something like this:

March referrals - LID's thru mid-Nov
April referrals - LID's thru end of Nov
May referrals - LID's thru mid-Dec
June referrals - LID's thru end of Dec
July referrals - LID's thru mid-Jan
August referrals - LID's thru end of Jan
Sept. referrals - LID's thru mid-Feb (maybe us)
Oct. referrals - LID's thru late Feb (maybe us)

After this, forget about 2007 travel!

I sure hope the CCAA staff have enjoyed their Chinese New Year celebration last month and are now ready to rally! Come on and crank out those referrals...we're waiting!

12 comments:

Dawn and Dale said...

ohhhh I soooo hope your predictions are right!!

I wanted to say that I LOVE the necklaces you are making!! I may just have to order one myself!!

Blessings!

Dawn

Karen said...

Yes, it sucks big time. I never thought I would be traveling in 2008 - let alone receiving my referral in 2008. Makes me want to cry.

LID4/11/06

Lisa and Tate said...

It is kind of discouraging but just to help us feel a little better..... I hear that both Nov and Dec have less families waiting so there should be more days (referrals) given. Also, Feb did have the CNY vacation break!!! I still have hope for Sept/Oct referrals for me... so you would be at one month sooner....

I am an optimist!!!

Lisa

OziMum said...

Yep. Fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

Donna...
I can only imagine how frustrating this is, I can't believe it take them so long to get through the applications. We are praying for you, Joe and Lauren here, I hope they rally over there in China. God has the perfect little angel picked out for you, keep your faith strong. Thank you for sharing your journey with us, I love reading your blog. I would love to talk on the phone soon.
Love,
Karlene and family

rubyiscoming said...

sigh - hard to see it in black and white, isn't it?? i'm STILL (naively) holding out hope, but not feeling confident about 2007 travel for us.

this waiting ain't so much fun after you hit the 1 year mark, is it?

Joannah said...

Somehow, now I think we'll start hearing about how their preparing for the big May Day holiday! Ugh!!!

Dannye said...

I have faith the CCAA can do it (and quicker too), so here's to hoping your referral and travel are in '07 not '08!!!

redmaryjanes said...

Yeah, get cranking!! I would love to see some bigger months come through.

C's Mom said...

Hoping, hoping for that 2007 travel for both of us.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I hope they get moving too! At this rate, I'll be ready for retirement before they get done....:-)

Janet T.

Donna said...

Yeah, c'mon CCAA...kick it into high gear!