Wednesday, March 14, 2007

This and that...

I've been finding myself thinking more and more about whether Lauren is born yet or not. We always had SO long to wait that I decided not to really let myself think too much about where she is or who she is. Now that we are approaching our 13 month LIDversary, I'm beginning to think that maybe she actually IS born. Realistically we may have our referral sometime between September and November, which is 5 to 9 months from now. Since we expect her to be at least 10 months at referral, she may be already at an orphanage right now. I'm not a super religious person, but I really do wonder if there is a sweet baby girl laying in a crib somewhere who is already destined to be our daughter. Actually, I must believe this is true because as I'm thinking about it right now, I'm tearing up at the thought of her laying there without us. I hope the nannies are taking good care of her.

I was off work at noon today, so I had some free time. I picked up some ladybug beads the other day, so I just made myself this bracelet.

I think it turned about pretty cute!







A couple of weekends ago, my friends Jennifer and Judy were out at a big community garage sale and look what they got for Lauren!

Joe has always wanted a "project" car...well now he has one! ;)

Not quite what he originally had in mind, but now that he's going to be a daddy this will have to due. A little clean up and minor repair and this will be adorable. I think Lauren will be 'pretty in pink' riding her little pedal car.
This is a Reebok jogging stroller and will be perfect for taking Lauren out when we walk our furbabies. All this needs is some air in the tires and basic clean up.

Both of these items were only $15 each!! Pretty great deal, huh?

Thanks Jennifer & Judy!!

17 comments:

Polar Bear said...

WAY COOL Wheels! LOVE both the car and the stroller!!!

I really love that bracelet! Very cute. Are you going to add those to your Close At Heart line? Hint Hint... :)

Joannah said...

Awesome deals! Wow! That little car is so cool.

C's Mom said...

Another gal who knows how to deal...I need lessons!

You are a very crafty gal...cute bracelet!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

I love a good meal and I love a good deal! Those are some great finds! And that bracelet is so cute! Well done. :)

Anonymous said...

That car is AWESOME!

4D said...

What great deals! Super friends for picking those up.

Love the bracelet. Cute!

I think about her and if she is born yet sometimes. I don't go there too often. Too hard at times.

Keep smilin!

Michelle said...

Loooooove the bracelet. Since I make my own jemwlery, I may have to make one(I do still plan on purchasing one of your beautiful photo pendants in the future though). Oh my gosh, I love that car! How cute is that? And what a great deal too. I have a scrapbook page for Lauren that has been sitting on my hall table waiting to be mailed. I'll try to get it out soon.

Elise said...

Oh my gosh that is the cutest little car I have ever seen. It looks brand new!!! What an awesome find! That bracelet you made is sure darn cute too!

Lisa and Tate said...

That car is too cute!!! What great finds..... got to love a great yard sale!!!

Hugs
Lisa

Colleen said...

Love the bracelet. Great deals too on all the wheels!!

Anonymous said...

Donna, I second the suggestion to add bracelets to your line! With three pooches, I am hoping you can whip up a bracelet with one picture for each - like charms?

I LOVE the pink car and NEED IT (my explanation for buying ANYTHING!). What amazing and thoughtful friends you have. I had one of those when I was little and I enjoyed it so much. My parents loved it too because I could not get out of it by myself. ;)

Christi and Abbey said...

That car is so adorable for Lauren, I can't wait to see her in it!
Did you get my second email? Your work sent an auto response that you were out of the office. Abbey and I hope we can see you and Lisa : ) My computer is broken and I am using the church's right now. I won't be able to check my email until work Monday and can't access my blog at all. I won't have my computer back for a couple of weeks, just in case you get delayed responses from me I wanted you to know why!
Hang in there waiting mama!

redmaryjanes said...

Love the ladybug bracelet, but that Pink Cadillac takes the cake!!

Donna said...

You're incredibly talented! I love that bracelet! You should sell them!

:)

Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!

Christie said...

Love it all! You go girl! - I might have to steal that little car, you know?

Hugs!
cb

dreamer said...

I too have had the thought that our daughter is now born and somewhere, in an orphanage or hopefully a foster situation. Things change when you start to think that way.

As for the car, yeah, we had our own 4 wheel swooning over at our blog earlier this week. We bought a riding lawn mower and they had this incredible child sized plastic version with a tow behind cart just like we got... I wanted that so bad.

Scott and Kim said...

Love the bracelet!! You are VERY talented. The car and stroller are neat too; how nice of your friends to pick them up! They will be so nice for Lauren.

It is a lot to think about, wondering if your daughter has been born and all the questions in your mind that go along with that. Hang in there... and keep making your beautiful jewelry, hopefully that will help pass time.

Once we received our referral I looked back through our calendar to see what we we were up to when our daughters were born. It was pretty cool.