Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thank you to...

everyone who commented on my last post! I was so surprised that so many people are following along on our long journey. It was so much fun to read through all the well wishes you all left.

At the risk of sounding really sappy, it's such a warm and fuzzy feeling to know we are not alone in this wait. I have absolutely no idea how we would get through this without the support of family, friends, and this huge on-line community we have. There are days when I curse the wait and then I think of all the people I wouldn't have met and connected with on-line if there was no wait. Don't get me wrong, a shorter wait would be GREAT, but at least we all have each other to get through this. Also, it's because of our on-line community that I know my dream of motherhood WILL eventually come true...all the forever families who continue to post once they are home give me a lot of hope.

I have a message for a couple of people who I couldn't reach....Lindsay, I'd love to have an invite to your blog, but didn't have an e-mail to contact you. You can e-mail me at suzieq1@cox.net. Hi Mary, it's SO nice to hear from you. I just love your nieces, Jadyn and Jenna. They are the sweetest little girls and just perfect for Kim and Scott (China has their matching process down pat). It's been so great being there when our local families get their referrals and then watching the children grown and develop. It gets me even more excited for our turn to come around!

6 comments:

OziMum said...

I missed the Curious George cry-out!

Just wanted you to know....

I'm watching you...!!!

Lisa and Tate said...

I missed the Curious George cry-out also. I'm reading each and every thing you post.... sorry I don't comment everytime. Will try to be better!

Hugs
Lisa

Cyndi and Dean James said...

Thank you so much for coming by our website and checking us out. I would love it if you put our website on your blog roll!! Hopefully more people will come by and check us out.
Hugs..
Cyndi James
Waiting for Alicyn Shea
LID 10/24/06
www.cd2alicyn.com

OH MY #6 said...

No, thank you, for sharing with us.

Have a great weekend.

Lea

Anonymous said...

Happy Leap Day, Aunt Donna! Next Leap Day, Lauren Elizabeth will probably be by your side!
Emily
A Waiting Cousin

Colleen said...

By the way, Donna, I forgot to mention something about "who is reading along". There are sites that allow you to put a widget on your blog that will show the most recent registered users that stopped by your blog. The genealogy bloggers use MyBlogLog, and I believe the address is just www.mybloglog.com. There are some minuses to this one; mostly being that people can add you to their community without your permission. I haven't found it to be a problem, though. Check it out.