Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bullet Post...

It's been a week since I last posted and I don't have anything major going on, so I thought I'd try a simple bulleted update post...

  • It seems that matching may have begun, so rumors should be rolling in soon on how far they got and when we'll see referrals. It's that oh so wonderful time of the month when I stalk Rumor Queen waiting to find out how much closer we are to our daughter. There are 35 calendar days until they get to our LID. Come on, CCAA, you can do better than 3 days this time around!

  • I've been down for the count with a stomach bug since Sunday night, so I spent all day Monday on the sofa just a quick sprint away from the bathroom. Not a great way to spend a holiday weekend, but I'm finally feeling better today.

  • I added a new blog on my sidebar under "Just for Fun". If you like Costco, check out Addicted to Costco. Jim, thanks for the link.

  • I've been helping a friend of mine out with a big, themed high school graduation party she is throwing for her son. It's a tiki party complete with a tiki bar, limbo, torches, pulled-pork barbeque, and lots of other themed stuff. We also put together a video slide show and will be projecting it onto a big wall, which should be pretty cool. Here's a photo of the cupcakes we're baking for dessert (this was our test run). I'll have party pics on Sunday.


10 comments:

Suz said...

Those are so cute - do they taste as good as they look?
Suz

Joannah said...

Cute cupcakes!

Catherine said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Glad to hear you're on the mend.

Adorable cupcakes!

Praying for a batch larger than 3 days.

4D said...

Good to hear that you are feeling better. Cupcakes look delish.

Keep smilin!

Shannon said...

Donna

I am sorry you were sick! I hope you are feeling better!

You make the best looking food! I am going to make your Potoe salad on Sunday for the boys 3rd Birthday party. Hopefully it turns out as good as yours looked in the picture! If you lived closer you could come to the party! Hope and Scott were going to come but with Izabella coming home soon she has her baby shower the same day as their party. So no hugs for Hope! We will bottle them up and same them for you Donna!!!

Shannon
Mother to Jack and Palmer who will be 3 in just 3 more days! 05/31/2005

Lisa and Tate said...

Comments bullet style!
*I'm with you sistah about this time of the month and wishing for more days!!! Remember there was actual days without significant LID because of CNY... you are closer to Lauren than you think!

*sorry you were sick!!!

*I'm guessing the grad is Christine's son? Love the tikki theme... remember you have a Cabana boy! Can't wait for pictures! Love the cupcakes!

Lisa

Kim said...

Sorry to hear you were sick... that is not fun...
Love the Costco link..how fun..
And those are some cute cupcakes..
Can't wait to see the party pictures..
We have one graduating next year... doesn't seem possible..
I am saying that the CCAA is going to go through the 22.. We will see..
You are getting there girly..
Keep your chin up..

OH MY #6 said...

nasty way to spend your holiday.

Lea

Lili said...

THE CUPCAKES!!! How adorable. how fun that you got to do a test run! Like your new blog look, btw. :)

C's Mom said...

Feel better soon!

The cupcakes are very cute...looks like a great party coming together.