Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Great weekend ahead....

Well, I head out tomorrow morning to Salt Lake City for a girl's weekend with some bloggy friends. I can't wait to meet Lisa W, Julie, Lisa S, Mary-Mia, and Tiffany!

It seems so strange that I'm actually going to meet these ladies. I've been e-mailing back and forth with Lisa W. and Julie for many months now and we have been following along on each others' journey. Blogville is a funny place...you feel like you really get to know people through their blogs. When I started this journey, I never imagined that I would actually be heading off to meet bloggy friends who are such a big part of my support network. I originally started poking around on the internet just to get some adoption questions answered and I quickly discovered a whole world of support and friendship.

By the way, Lisa W, I got my hair chopped so I'm glad you recently posted some photos of yourself on your blog so I can recognize you at the airport! Otherwise, you would be holding up a limo driver sign that says "Looking for Lauren's Momma". ;)

12 comments:

Heather said...

Donna, I hope you have a wonderful time - this sounds like such a terrific trip!! Have a safe flight and enjoy your time in Salt Lake City!! I'm so jealous :-)

Jacquie said...

I'm so jealous! I wish I lived closer.

Connie said...

Hi -

I just found you through Julie's blog which I have followed quite a while. Then there you were again in M3s post! I decided to trot on over and wish you a great time. That sounds like a trip of a lifetime so take a lot of pics to share with us midwestern gals who are missing out!

Funny that I have already followed four of your blogs regularly for months and months. Well, now I'll make that 5 of your blogs before I wander over to check out Lisa S blog - then it will likely be 6 ;0)

We have close LIDS..I'm 2/24. Looking forward to sharing the wait with you while still hoping it's a speedy wait.

Michelle said...

Ohhhh..I'm jealous. I want to have a bloggy get together. Well, actually Joannah and I are meeting for dinner next week, so I will get my wish. Have a fun weekend!

Lisa and Tate said...

Oh No.... How will I recognize you??? I look so forward to tomorrow!!! See you at 1135am!!!

Lisa

Stacy said...

Have a GREAT weekend! I can't wait to see pictures!

Kim said...

Have an excellent time! Post lots of pictures when you return!!!

Doris & Dan Clark said...

Have a wonderful time!

Spending time with fellow adoption friends is always a fun time!

Keep smilin!

Stephe said...

Donna, HAVE AN AWESOME time!! Can't wait to hear all about it and see LOTS of pictures!!!

Shannon S said...

SOOOOO JEALOUS!! Enjoy your weekend together and be sure to blog some pictures!

Tammy said...

Have a great time. I'm sure you will.

We want to see pictures.

Colleen said...

Hope you had fun at your "Blogger Bash"!