Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Time for some changes...

I started with a new look for my blog. The header image is a scan of the wallpaper border and paint colors we'll be using for Lauren's room. We'll be starting the nursery after Christmas and I thought this new blog look would get me motivated and keep me on track. ;)

Before the nursery, we'll be painting and decorating our master bedroom and bath. We have a couple of use or loose vacation days, so we're going to take them early next month to finally get our master bedroom done. We've lived in our house for three years this coming April and that's the one room we haven't done a darn thing too yet. Plus, we want to get rid of our queen size bed and upgrade to a king so there is room for us and Lauren.

Today I stopped in to TJ Maxx and I found exactly what I've been looking for...a king size quilt for our bedroom at an awesome price! I wasn't sure about the color, but I picked it up figuring I could return it. We bought drapery panels at IKEA months ago and I wasn't sure the quilt would match.

Well, check out this perfect match! The drapery panels are the solid red brick color and I think they go great together.

I love when things just click without too much effort. I couldn't have found a better match if I tried!

16 comments:

C's Mom said...

Loving the changes...the blog looks fab and, you're right, you could not have matched that pretty bedding any better!

Jacquie said...

Love your new blog look AND your bedroom stuff. Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful - your room will be stunning! You just have that magic decorating touch!

4D said...

Those are gorgeous, rich colours. The border is so pretty. Time to spruce things up! Good for you.

Keep smilin!

Joannah said...

The blog looks beautiful! Lauren's room will be so pretty.

I love the fabrics for your bedroom. TJMaxx is a favorite shopping haunt for me, too. Their housewares department is packed with fun stuff.

Dawn and Dale said...

I LOVE that new bedspread!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!

I also can't wait to see Lauren's room. EVERYDAY I sit in Annaliese's room and think about those beautiful white chinese lanterns you have for Lauren, cause those would look SOOOO good in Annaliese's room!!

I was thinking of emailing you to see if the store you bought them at down there in the States still sells them and for how much!!

LOVE your new blog!! You're a genius at blog makeovers!! I know!!! ;)

Dawn

Robin said...

Love the new look of your blog. Love that comforter and drapery panel. Can't wait to see all the finished products.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Your new blog looks great! ANd I LOVE that bedspread. BEAUTIFUL! I was thinking of going with that colour of red in our room too.....:-)

Anonymous said...

Girl, first of all - the blog looks great. You have to check mine out - I totally have the Christmas vibe going. Also - on the master bedroom and bath; we have the same stupid problem. Three years we've lived in this house and slowly but surely we've managed to turn the walls in all the other rooms into wonderful soothing and warm colors. Then you walk in the master and the white walls hit you like a hospital room. If we don't take care of it soon, I'm going to go nuts. Weirder still is that I did buy new bedding, etc and it's the same style and color as yours - whoo hoo!

Hugs!

Lisa and Tate said...

Oh man... Love the new look!!! Just about as much as the look you created for ME!!!! You have such an eye for color and design!!! LOVE IT!!!

The MASTER room make over will look terrific... another great design job!

Happy Thanksgiving

Lisa

Anonymous said...

OOHH! Love the blog look and the new goodies for the bedroom! Great finds.

Anonymous said...

Love the new blog look! Also love the colors for your master - good eye! :)

M3 said...

Awesome colors! (Looks great on the blog and for a nursery) :-)

Nancy & Brian said...

I love the new look and the colors for your bedroom. Red always makes me feel so cozy.

Anonymous said...

I really like the new header - very pretty. Thank you Donna for leaving such a nice comment on my blog. I appreciate your concern.
- Stephanie @ www.mesocrafty.wordpress.com

Tao's Mommy said...

Very cool look!! The nursery is going to be beautiful for Lauren!! And your FIND is great too...cant wait to see everything put together....Keep us posted!!