- Constant, nagging feeling of being preoccupied
- Unable to concentrate on any one thing for any length of time
- Unable to focus on projects at home or at work
- Thoughts constantly drifting towards adoption related things
- Feeling like a scatter-brained fool at times
- Chronic forgetfulness
- Unable to go one day without reading blogs or checking on Yahoo groups
- Unable to go half a day without checking RQ
- Unable to go one minute without thinking about your future daughter
Does anyone else suffer any or all of these symptoms? Lately, I've found myself saying "sorry, this waiting is frying my brain" much more than I should be. It seems the closer you get, the more intense these symptoms become. Also, no matter how often non-waiting friends say they understand, they just can't. They feel bad that we have to endure the wait, but just can't really relate to the all encompassing, life on hold, don't know when it's going to end feeling of this wait. CHAWMS can only be truly understood by waiting mommas.
I've seen bloggy friends take a "break" and try to re-group, but how the heck can you just chill and forget about the adoption for a while. I just don't think I can do it. If anyone has taken "the break" and was successful at substantially reducing the CHAWMS symptoms, please let me in on your secret!