- Anticipation of being a momma for the first time. I don't think I could ever describe to those not waiting for their first child just how it feels. It's a very strange feeling living this long of a time (fast approaching 29 months) in sort of a holding pattern, not really knowing when your life is about to be changed forever.
- Anxiety about if we will be good parents and if we are getting too old to truly give Lauren the life she deserves. We never wanted to be the "older" parents and that's exactly the way it turned out. I think about how old we will be when she graduates high school and hope Joe isn't walking her down the wedding aisle with a walker! ;)
- Accomplished because we worked on the nursery over the weekend and it's pretty much done except for a couple of little things. I'll post some photos soon. It turned out really pretty and I find myself walking in there almost every time I pass the room just to look around.
- Happy about the possibility of having our referral and laying eyes on our daughter for the first time. I SO hope this will happen before the end of the year!
- Lazy about getting non-baby related projects done around the house. Also lazy about getting out of bed in the morning. I've had a HARD time getting to work by 7am this week! The Starbucks drive thru has been my best friend.
- Grateful for all I have...a great hubby (aka Mr. Wonderful or Cabana Joe), a great family, awesome friends, and all my Blogville buddies. I am so grateful for the on-line adoption community...I don't think I'd have my sanity (or what's left of it) at this point without everyone!
Wednesday, July 09, 2008
I've been tagged...
by Karen (my China travel buddy) and Dana to write 6 words that describe how I am feeling right now, and then tag 5 others. Well, here it goes...
Posted by Donna at 7/09/2008