Monday, November 07, 2005

Passports have arrived!


Joe and I both applied through our City Clerk's Office for our passports, but Joe applied about 10 days before I did, so when a priority envelope came for me last week I wasn't really thinking about my passport. I figured Joe's would come first.

When I opened the envelope and saw what it was, it suddenly struck me that all this is real and we are actually going to fly to China to get a baby girl. I got a lump in my throat and with teary eyes I said to Joe...oh my gosh, are we really going to China and coming home with a baby? I think other waiting parents can relate. With all the paperwork and planning, I guess it's certain landmarks along the way that make all this seem real.

Anyone who knows me knows that I don't like to fly and that I probably wouldn't be getting a passport under normal conditions. For some reason my fear of flying has grown over the years and now I fly only pumped up on meds. I'm definitely not looking forward to the flight to China, but I'm trying to focus on my reward for getting on that plane....becoming a family of 3!

No comments: