Monday, November 28, 2005

Update on Rumor...

After hearing the rumor yesterday that the CCAA (Chinese Center for Adoption Affairs) may be instituting a weight restriction for adoptive parents, I e-mailed my agency to confirm. According to my agency, they are aware of the rumor but haven't heard anything about it from the CCAA. They are assuring me that if they hear anything official, they will let us know.

I just read yet another forum discussion thread on this, and I'm starting to get a little freaked out. There are a couple of people saying that their agency has confirmed the rumor but that they don't have the details yet.

I don't know what to think right now, but this is definitely putting a damper on my excitement. Joe and I have our appointment tomorrow morning at immigration for our fingerprinting and I should be really excited about this next big step, but just can't muster up any excitement with this rumor looming. If this turns out not to be a rumor, all our hopes and work on our dossier could be down the drain.

No comments: