Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I love Wednesdays...

I get off work every Wednesday at 12noon, which is why this is my favorite day of the week. I work 7am to 5pm the rest of the week, but Wednesday is my one day with some time to myself. Usually I go shopping, catch up on chores, blog, read, hang out with my furbabies...whatever I want to do.

Today though I had to start my afternoon with a follow-up echocardiogram. I had one back in August because a chest x-ray showed a slight enlargement of the heart. It turns out my heart is not enlarged, but there is some fluid between the heart itself and the outer lining, which is usually like plastic wrap around the heart. Mine, for some reason, has collected some fluid. I'm hoping that the fluid has reduced, because if not they may need to remove it somehow with a needle. I don't even want to think about that right now....yuck! Keep your fingers crossed for me on this one!

I've still been able to save some of the afternoon by catching up on my soap opera, sipping some toffee flavored coffee and hanging with my furbabies.

Addy loves to just sit in the sun and chill...


and Lucy is on constant gecko watch...if one of those little lizards crawls on our back wall, look out!


Yesterday, we got a Valentine's Day card from my friend Jennifer. Check out this card...the heart is filled with different papers folded and stacked. I don't know how she has the patience for this. If I tried it, my card would go flying across the room in no time!


One more thing, check out my new Good Wishes page here.

5 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

Echo and needle thingy - yuck!!! Good luck on this!!!

You have such talented friends!!! I hardly know how to use a glue stick!!!

Lastly- The afternoon of hanging with the FURbabies and flavored coffee addiction sounds so nice!!! Tomorrow I will copy you on my day off but I will add some chocolate decadent thingy!!!

Lisa

Ava Baby said...

I have to agree, that needle thingy doesn't sound pleasant. Hopefully, it does not come to that. I'll definitely keep fingers and toes crossed for you.
Michele

Colleen said...

It's a dog's life, and on Wednesday afternoons, it's Donna's life, too! Good luck with the echo thingie! It'll all work out I'm sure!

Jacquie said...

Hope everything turns out fine for you.

Stephanie said...

Hope your visit to your doctor went well and that you won't have to have any type of procedure done. It just doesn't sound like much fun :)