Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Rumors and baking...

Well, the latest rumors show referrals through December 8th. I may still be heading to Home Depot to buy the nursery paint. Anything over seven days and we are painting! Come on CCAA, we know you can do it...you've done it before!

I spent the afternoon making treats for our pumpkin decorating party at the office tomorrow. Fall cupcakes...

and pumpkin bars...


I wasn't near Starbucks today, so I thought I'd try one of these...

It's hazelnut iced coffee. I guess I was expecting more of a "coffee drink" taste...maybe thicker and creamier to compete with Starbucks drinks. Nope, it's just like the sign says...iced coffee with a hazelnut flavored creamer in it. It's as thin as water and kinda artificial tasting. Probably wouldn't get it again. The only thing it has going for it is the low price. I drank about half and threw the rest out.

10 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

I was tempted to go for the McD coffee surprise. I think I will be passing this one by. Hope you are feeling better! With all the cute stuff you have collected, I cannot wait to see the room!! Get painting gal!

Christie said...

Love the cupcakes! I'm a big fan of a homemade cupcake...nothing like em!

Meanwhile, the hubby loves that stupid coffee drink. I took one drink and almost spit it out. Yak! Tastes like coffee. I'll stick to my Mocha Frapp, thank ya kindly.

Catherine said...

Cupcakes are great! Pumpkin bars? Mmmmm...they sound yummy! We don't have McD's coffee drinks here but it sounds like I'm not really missing anything.

Still holding onto the hope that you'll be buying nursery paint this weekend! 8 days.....Sigh...so sad that 8 days is a mini speed-up.

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Can anything really compare to Starbucks??? Love your cupcakes!

Anonymous said...

The iced coffee can be really good depending upon who makes it. I've had some doozies though.

4D said...

Those bakes treats look delish!

I hope you can buy the paint!!!

Keep smilin!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

YUM! I think I need to do some baking....

Unknown said...

I am so jealous. I could learn a lot from you...Hoping for 8 days as well!!!

Joannah said...

Oh, you look like quite the baker! My mouth is watering. :-)

Kim said...

I love the cupcakes...
CUTE!!!
I LOVE Starbucks... but I don't do coffee.. Chai Tai-Iced...
I think you will be going to my favorite place...Home Depot...
Have fun..
Kim