Thursday, December 11, 2008

Where do I start...so much going on since I posted last week. Well, we've been really busy getting ready to travel. Joe worked SO hard getting the playroom ready and we're almost there. I'll post photos as soon as we're done. We did some shopping over the weekend for the basic essentials that we didn't have yet...diapers, wipes, bottles, medications for the trip, highchair, car seat, cabinet latches, outlet covers, etc.

My sister-in-law, Stephanie, hosted a fabulous shower for me this past Sunday. The buffet table setting was so pretty with red table cloths, Chinese fans, chopsticks, and special adoption poems printed and mounted on beautiful Asian themed paper. The poems were displayed on little easels on the tables. My friend, Jennifer, made the most beautiful coasters from tiles. She hand-stamped each one with panda and bamboo images using a special stamp pad then baked them in the oven to set the ink. Everyone received one as a favor and I got a whole set! I love them. We played games, ate great food and had a really nice time.





On Tuesday we booked our flights! We are leaving on Thursday, January 8th and coming home on Friday, January 23rd. Any of our local friends are more than welcome to greet us at the airport when we come in. We will be dog tired, but SO happy to see all the familiar faces after two weeks away. Here's the info on our return flight: United Flight 500 from San Francisco to Phx arriving in Terminal 2 at 4:11pm. If there are any changes and I can still access my blog, I'll be sure to post. The entire trip is 6,550 miles...when I saw the mileage it really hit me just how far away Lauren is!

Now we are waiting for our agency to pull together our in-China flights, hotel rooms, etc. It won't be long now before we have our entire trip itinerary and we'll find out exactly when we'll meet Lauren. I'm thinking it will be the afternoon of January 11th, but I'm not sure yet.