Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day...

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day, especially those celebrating their very first one! For me there were some tears, but they were happy tears. As I was holding Lauren this morning I thought about the many years we had hoped and prayed for a child and finally she is here! It felt amazing!

Lauren has had a runny nose and a cough since Friday, but today she seemed a little better when she woke up. Now Joe and I both have sore throats and runny noses. I guess whatever Lauren gets will probably always run it's course through the house!

Today we took my Mom to an early lunch at Macaroni Grill (yum!) and then just had a quite day at home...just what I wanted. Also, I woke up to very sweet cards and a Brighton ID bracelet that says "Mother". I love it.

Here's a pic of Lauren showing Grandma ("ma") her gift...


The best part of any gift is playing with the tissue paper. Where's Lauren??


Oh, THERE she is!!!


This is fun "ma"!


Here we are before we headed out for lunch...


14 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy first Mother's Day. They only get better as they grow up. Mia was so excited to give me her card and flowers. Yesterday she kept telling me I couldn't go into the basement.

Susan

Kim said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day girly..
Looks like a wonderful day...
Have a great week..
I will be thinking of you ..
Hugs..

jeanette said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day!

Scott and Kim said...

Happy Happy First Mother's Day!! Glad to hear you had a wonderful day. Love your updates and pictures.

Jboo said...

Sounds like a perfect first Mother's Day!

Have a great week.

Janet

Dana said...

Happy Mother's Day! Hope the week back to work goes well. ~Dana

Alyson and Ford said...

Tears of joy! Isn't it great?
She's beautiful!
Happy Mother's Day!!

Alyabeth's Mommy

Lisa and Tate said...

Happy FIRST Mother's Day! I remember we used to say "NEXT YEAR" ..... this is finaly next year and you are holding your darling daughter!

OziMum said...

JUST GORGEOUS! What beautiful photos for your Mum! I have no doubt that they were very well received!!! :)

Lauren's hair is just too sweet!

OziMum said...

I forgot to say - love the new header!

Amy said...

I'm glad that you had a great Mother's Day! I hope your transition back to work is going okay this week. It is an adjustment but some how us working mother's do manage to make it. A stash of chocolate in the desk doesn't hurt. :)

Kristy said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day Donna! I thought about you on sunday and as I was doing that my heart was smiling.

Love, Kristy

Shannon said...

Happy Mother's Day! Your Lauren is simply gorgeous and you two are perfect together! Much happiness to you all! =)

roof repair nj said...

Mothers day is the great day of the year and it is celebrated on the second Sunday of May and this year it is coming in May 13.