Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm hanging in there...

but it sure is HARD going back to work!

On Monday morning Lauren woke up before I left at 6:15am, so I was able to hold her for a few minutes before I left. I told her that Baba was going to watch Elmo and have breakfast with her and that I was going to work and would be back after she gets up from "nite-nite". Then I gave her a kiss good-bye along with a quick hug. She said the sweetest "good-bye" while I was walking down the hall to the garage. I didn't loose it until I got in the car and I managed to gain my composure pretty quickly. I had arranged to pick up my friend, Christine, on the way in...I figured if I was distracted with chit chat, I wouldn't be tearing up.

The work day flew by and before I knew it, it was 5pm and time to go. I only called Joe once that morning and I got through the day without any tears until I called Joe on the way home. He said that Lauren was crying and calling for me when she got up from her nap. With that, the water works started and I had a little cry on the way home.

The very BEST part of the day was coming home and seeing her smiling face waiting to give me a big hug! Joe has been great and he's had dinner ready when I got home for the past two days so I can maximize my time with Little Miss. The three hours we have before she goes to bed flies by and it's just not nearly enough! Monday night as she feel asleep in my arms, I couldn't help but tear up again wondering how I was going to get up and do it all over again the next day.

I knew this wasn't going to be easy and it isn't, that's for sure! But, I can say with all honesty that it hasn't been as hard as I had worked up in my mind over the past few years while waiting and wondering how I'm going to go back to work. I am lucky that Joe will be home until he starts working again. The lose of his salary is hard on the pocket, but works well for Lauren right now. By the time he gets work, she will be ready to go into daycare and spend the day with other children. I think that will actually be very good for her and will go a long way in continuing to pick up the language and learning.

Thank you all so much for your well wishes!

14 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Thinking of you during this transition time, Donna. Huge hugs coming your way.

Kim said...

I am tearing up reading this..
I know I will be a mess when I have to go back to work.. Hopefully I can have 12 weeks.. if not I will truly be a mess...
HUGS..
Glad Joe can be with her..
Have a fast 2 days.. then it is the weekend.. and you can spend 2 days holding sweet Lauren..

Jboo said...

Thinking of you too. Take care.

Janet

Christie said...

darnit...I just got all teary again. sigh.

Why does it have to be so hard?

Why can't we all be independently wealthy?!? (snort)

XOXO my sweet friend...

Kristy said...

Oh I love the feeling you get when they run to you and you now that they have missed you.

Love, Kristy

Ani said...

It does get easier, as you all settle down into the routine. I promise!

So glad that she's spending quality time with her Daddy - she's one lucky girl.

Anne said...

I know it is so hard. It's still hard for me to leave Elizabeth every day, probably always will be. It sounds like you have a good support system at work, and that Daddy is doing a great job at home:)

Unknown said...

Glad you made it through your first couple of days. One more day and then the weekend.

Susan

OziMum said...

:) Its nice to be loved, hey?!

the mommy said...

Big hugs Donna you did great your first week I cried everyday my first week back. Lauren will benifit from having some one on one daddy time..Big hugs to you chin up it gets easier.

Hugs
susan

Sean and Mic said...

It gets easier over time, although you will probably always wish you were with her! I love when she sees me at daycare and runs to me with the biggest smile. That is what gets me thru the work day!
Good luck- and hang in there!

Alyson and Ford said...

How are you doing? Hoping all is going better. It is hard. I have very little time with AA on work nights but her Baba is home all day with her too. Works great!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Kim said...

Hope all is well.. just thinking about you..
Have a great Memorial Weekend..

Anonymous said...

sneakers shoes She continued,
"Why...? Don't you need someone to pose as your girlfriend this year?" Then he answered, "No, there is no need for that anymore......"
Before he can continue, Nike Tnhe was interrupted, discount nike shoes"Oh yes! Must have found a girlfriend! nike shox r4 You haven't been searching for one for the past years, right?" The man looked up, as if he has struck gold, his face beamed and looked directly at the drunken girl. tn dollarHe replied, "Yes......you are right! I haven't been looking for anyone for the past years."
With that, the man darted across the floor and out the door, cheap nike shoesleaving the lady in much bewilderment. He finally realized that he has already found his dream girl, and she was.....the Vancouver girl all along! The drunken lady has said something that awoken him.
All along he has found his girl.nike tennis shoes That was why he did not bother to look further when he realized she was not coming back. It was not any specific girl he was seeking! cheap nike shoxIt was perfection that he wanted, and yes.....perfection!!
Relationship is something both parties should work on. Realizing that he had let away someone so important in his life, he decided to call her immediately. His whole mind was flooded with fear.free shipping shoes He was afraid that she might have found someone new or no longer had the same feelings anymore..... For once, Paypal Credit card Accepthe felt the fear of losing someone.
As it was Christmas eve, the line was quite hard to get through, especially an overseas call. He tried again and again, never giving up. Finally, he got through......precisely at 1200 midnight. He confessed his love for her and the girl was moved to tears. nike shoes It seemed that she never got over him! Even after so long, she was still waiting for him, never giving up.
He was so excited to meet her and to begin his new chapter of their lives. He decided to fly to Vancouver to join her. It was the happiest time of their lives! nike discount shoes But their happy time was short-lived. Two days before he was supposed to fly to Vancouver,cheap puma shoes he received a call from her father. She had a head-on car collision with a drunken driver. nike shox shoes She passed away after 6 hours in a coma.
The guy was devastated, as it was a complete loss. Why did fate played such cruel games with him? He cursed the heaven for taking her away from him, denying even one last look at her! How cruel he cursed! chaussures nikeHow he damned the Gods...!!nike free shoes How he hated himself....for taking so long to realize his mistake!! That was in 1996.
The moral of this story is :
Treasure what you have...
Time is too slow for those who wait;
Too swift for those who fear;
Too long for those who grief;
Too short for those who rejoice;
But for those who love...
Time is Eternity.
For all you out there with someone special in your heart, cherish that person, cherish every moment that you spend together that special someone, for in life, anything can happen anytime. buy shoes onlineYou may painfully regret, only to realise that it is too late.