Saturday, September 08, 2007

I was nominated...

by Lynn of Somewhere in the Sun for the Nice Matters Award.

"This award is for bloggers who are nice people, good blog friends, and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also, for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world."


Lynn is a mom to three beautiful sons and is adopting Olivia from China. They first saw a photo of their daughter on my agency's special needs list and it sounds like they fell in love with her right then and there. Olivia was very sick when she first arrived at the orphanage, but was treated and is now living in foster care and is doing great. They are currently doing their paperchase and hope to be traveling to China early 2008 to get her. For those of you not familiar with the special needs list, sometimes a family will find a child first, and then submit a letter of intent to adopt the child and do their paperchase. It's kind of reversed from our process.

Lynn, thanks for nominating me for this bloggy award! Blogging has meant a lot to me during this wait and sometimes I think I'm keeping my sanity during the rough spots because of my bloggy friends.

I'm supposed to pass this award along to seven other bloggy friends. Only seven??? Okay, here they are:

Stephe of Giorgia Danette
Julie and Tess of To Tess and Back
Lisa of Tate-r-Bug
Jacquie and Lily of Bottle and Bones
Kim and Grace of Life with Amazing Grace (password protected)
Kim of The Seventh Diamond
Mary-Mia, Rose, and Marie from Do they have Salsa in China?

6 comments:

Kim said...

Awwww, being nominated for this award by you means a lot, Donna! We think you're kinda swell also!

Love,
Kim and Grace

C's Mom said...

That was one appropriate pick...it's a great bunch of bloggers we have out there.

OziMum said...

I second all your nominations! Especially the Salsa Team! I really didn't know that God made such nice people?!!! *wink*

:) Congrats on the award! Of course, you deserve it!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Great ladies, all!

Jacquie said...

You are way too kind!

M3 said...

Hey thanks sweetie!! You made my day. (And I really needed a pick-me-up... hooboy).

I'm still bummed that you can't come to Utah for the reunion tour...