Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Letter to China...

There is one item I've been procrastinating on that I need to prepare for our dossier. It's the cover letter written to the CCAA (China Center of Adoption Affairs). I just can't imagine coming up with the proper way to ask China to entrust one of their precious daughters to us.

Knowing that their adoption program is in place because of their one-child policy and overpopulation of girls, makes me wonder if they realize the gift they are giving so many child-less couples like us. This program allows their daughters a chance at a happy, productive life in the U.S., but it gives us so much more.

Our agency provides us with a sample cover letter and a bulleted list of items to cover. I really could just fill in the blanks and use the form letter, but I don't want to do that and now I'm stuck on just what to say. One of the bulleted items says that the letter must contain a promise not to abandon, abuse, or mistreat your child. It makes me sad to think that this is something they need to mention, as if any adoptive parent, after going through this entire process, would ever consider such a thing.

I just want to be sure I properly express our deep appreciation to the CCAA and our promise to care for Lauren and raise her to be a loving, honest, respectful and truly beautiful person inside and out. Well, I think I'm ready to give this a try....wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Donna: Just write from your heart and it will turn out great! My main problem was not thinking of what to say, but how to get it to fit on one page! I love your blog and the sweet little outfits. I'm going to have to check out Sam's -- who knew!?

Heather (from MSN Board)
LID July 20, 2005 for Sydney (or Twins!)
www.EncinosaFamily.com