Monday, May 22, 2006

This and that....

I wanted to post a photo of the apron and handmade card that my friend, Michele, gave me for Mother's Day as a mom-to-be gift. I can't wait to wear this apron while baking chocolate chip cookies (my favorite) with Lauren someday.

Isn't the fabric totally adorable? Thanks again, Michele, that was so sweet! This is my very first official Mother's Day gift!













I had a really nice weekend...Saturday evening was our monthly FCC-AZ Waiting Families meeting. Our scheduled guest speaker was a no show, but we made the best of the evening spending some time in our hostess' nursery checking out her cute baby things (her and her hubby were LID in June, so I think they are the next in our group to travel). On Sunday I met a couple of friends (Heather and Nancy) from the Waiting Families group for an afternoon of scrapbooking at a local scrapbook store. I started a little scrapbook with photos of my secret pal gifts, but I didn't get very far...I'm not very creative, so it takes me a while to come up with ideas. My goal is to get caught up so by the time I get my next gift, I can add each future month as they come.

9 comments:

Kim M. said...

I've just joined a playgroup with our FCC. I can't wait to get active. It's always looked like you have had a great time with yours.

Looks like you had a great weekend.

Kim said...

Your friends are always doing something thoughtful for you! I have a hunch that you're the same way toward them!

Love the apron.

Stephe said...

Oh Donna, the apron that Michele made is just too cute!!!

By the way, I just received the tank. Thanks so much!!! Sorry that the second one was the same thing. That happened to me on ebay with the asian diaper Bag! :(

Lisa~~ said...

How adorable!! Very nice Mom gift.

Anonymous said...

That apron is too cute - Michele did a wonderful job. What a wondeful image of you and Lauren enjoying a a lazy afternoon in the kitchen!

Colleen said...

Donna? Not creative?

Is anyone buying that?

SARA said...

Too cute! That is the same fabric my sister gave me for Mia's quilt. Love it!!!!!
Sara

Anonymous said...

I find it hard to believe that you think you're not a crafty person! You are TOTALLY the scrapbook queen of all queens! You rock! I love your blog...take care.
Love,
Kathy (from Texas)

Just Us Girls said...

Beautiful gift. I love the material.... Can't help but love those lady bugs :0)

Carrie