Saturday, March 29, 2008

Guess what we did today...

Yup, we finally painted the nursery! We did all the tape up work last night and started right in on the painting this morning.
We did two shades of violet...lighter on top and a little darker on the bottom. There's a border that will run between them at chair rail height.

It's funny how different the color looks depending on the lighting on the walls. I think it looks different in the two photos below of opposite walls. The photo on the bottom is a little truer to how it actually looks in the room.


Now that Joe has the blinds back up it looks even more different. We're going to let the paint cure for a few days and then put the border up.

What a strange feeling it is to finally paint the nursery after two years of waiting. On one hand it makes this feel more real, but then I think about the months we still have ahead. In any case it is sparking up my excitement and now I can't wait to get the border done and start decorating!

17 comments:

Kim said...

LOVE IT!!!!!
Lauren will be in there soon..
Can't wait to see it finished.
Have a Great Sunday..

Lisa and Tate said...

SCREAM!!! You did it! I just love the colors so far. Can't wait to see the room all finished!

Lisa

Diana said...

I LOVE the paint colores!! I am SO happy for you! I have been following your blog for a while and am thrilled for you that you are getting "closer"!
I actually thought of you this week as we had a email from Dillion SW about a little boy (Korea) that they were looking for a home for:)
I knew you were AZ.

Lindsay said...

Love the colours! Can't wait to see the finished look :)

OH MY #6 said...

Looks very pretty!

Lea

Joannah said...

It's very pretty! I love lavender.

:-)

Jacquie said...

Oh, this makes me so happy to see you finally painting!!!!!!!!!!

Alyson and Ford said...

Lot of work but man, love the color! Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

peace
fm

4D said...

Love the color choices. Gonna look great!

Keep smilin!

Anne said...

Beautiful colors! Your little girl will be in that room before you know it :)
Anne

S and H said...

Donna, yipee good job on your room. I do LOVE the color! Once the painting is done, the rest is fun!! Keep up the good work!!! Here's to our girls!!! Love ya Hope

Shannon said...

Donna

What great color choices you chose! see I so not crafty! I would have picked 1 color and have been DONE! I can not wait to see the finished room!!! You all are doing a great job!!!

Jack and Palmer's room is next! :)

Shannon
Mom to Jack and Palmer 05/31/2005

Carol said...

Love your colors!

It's time, get ready! Enjoy!!

We waited until the last minute and that was awful!!! I WAS out the night before our flights picking up stuff!!!! Don't do that!!!!

Anonymous said...

lovely - I just found out you are friends of friends of ours, as my sister found your blog (chicago)..and told me about it here in AZ......we have twin girls and the best is yet to come for you both - you have been in a long labor of love and your day, your time is coming - celebrate that joy - you have earned it:):)it will happen.

Scott and Kim said...

Nice Job! Lauren's room looks terrific, perfect for your little one!! Looking forward to seeing the border. :-)

OziMum said...

Love it! The violet looks gorgeous with the white trim and furniture!

Can't wait to see it finished!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Donna,
I remember you asking me my opinion on how to paint the room, and I said the dark shade should be on top. I think it looks better like this, though!
Emily