Yup, we finally painted the nursery! We did all the tape up work last night and started right in on the painting this morning.
We did two shades of violet...lighter on top and a little darker on the bottom. There's a border that will run between them at chair rail height.
It's funny how different the color looks depending on the lighting on the walls. I think it looks different in the two photos below of opposite walls. The photo on the bottom is a little truer to how it actually looks in the room.
Now that Joe has the blinds back up it looks even more different. We're going to let the paint cure for a few days and then put the border up.
What a strange feeling it is to finally paint the nursery after two years of waiting. On one hand it makes this feel more real, but then I think about the months we still have ahead. In any case it is sparking up my excitement and now I can't wait to get the border done and start decorating!