Friday, March 28, 2008

Hummingbird update...

I'm off again today so I've been keeping an eye on our tiny new tenant. I noticed that she actually left the nest for a little while, so I got a couple more shots. Here's the nest from the back side where it's really built up...


and here's how it looks from through the lantern...


We put out our feeder hoping that she would use it, but I don't know if she's found it yet. I think we need to get something so we can hang it up high for her.


She's back again tending to her eggs. Isn't she darling?


I did a quick Google search on hummingbird nests and our new little resident may be with us for a while. Check out this video of a patio nest. It took 40 days for the babies to hatch and be big enough to fly away. This video is awesome...

4 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Oh, I hope you'll keep us updated! I just love those little guys! (or gals, as the case may be....:-)

Alyson and Ford said...

We love hummingbirds but we've never ever had a nest built around our house! Too cool. Loved the video...

peace
fm

OziMum said...

I love your little lanterns! Obviously Miss Hum. likes them too!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Donna,
That video was so cute!
Emily