Thursday, March 27, 2008

She's not paying rent...

but she's definitely moved in. This little hummingbird has taken up residence on our back patio...


It wasn't until I took these photos that I noticed she has a tiny little nest up there! If you pull the photo below up big, it looks like a nest...don't you think?


What a strange spot for her to choose. Lucy sits right under her and we bar-b-que and eat dinner out there and she just stays perched right up there. She spends hours sitting there, so I'm thinking there must be an egg in the nest.

I'm at home today and she's up there right now and I bet she'll be there most of the day. Hoping to see a baby hummingbird soon.

6 comments:

AandAsMama said...

How fun it that! You don't get to see them land very often let alone build a nest! There must be an egg! Keep us posted! I hope to see baby pictures soon!

Lisa and Tate said...

OH. My. HECK...... I think that hummingbirds mean GOOD LUCK!!! Much better than Ladybugs!!! You and Joe will have a magical coming year!!! We know this is the year of Lauren! Keep us posted on the hummingbird!

Lisa

Christi and Abbey said...

Yay! Love hummingbirds. How sweet is that nest. Is your nest ready???

OH MY #6 said...

so sweet!

Lea

M3 said...

Love it!!! How beautiful and wonderful.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Oh, that is SO cool! I would LOVE that!