Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Dossier docs ready to go!

Well, our dossier documents are ready to be sent to our agency, along with a big payment, to send our dossier off to China. If all goes well, we may be DTC on Friday, January 13.


It's hard to believe that this table full of documents took 4 1/2 months worth of work to obtain, notarize, and certify.

Although I'm VERY excited about being done with the paperchase and almost DTC, I have a lot of mixed emotions. I've tried to stay hopeful (hence my screen name of Hopeful Gal on the discussion forums) through this process so far, but I know the real waiting is still ahead. Also, our past attempts at parenthood have always ended in disappointment and grief. With the ever changing world of China adoptions, I will try to stay positive, but this is a big (not to mention expensive) step ahead and like anything else there are risks involved. I just feel like this is all too good to be true and there is that past voice of disappointment saying don't get your hopes up too high. Can any other waiting parents relate to my feelings?

5 comments:

Kim said...

Oh Donna, I can SO relate to what you're feeling. Our hearts have been broken so many times that it's difficult to believe that we WILL be parents in the near future. But we must have faith. It's all we have until that baby girl is in our arms.

Hugs,
Kim

Anonymous said...

This is exciting!
We are waiting for our 171h to be authenicated, and hope to be DTC at the same time as you folks.
Good luck

Anonymous said...

Oh, and yes, I find myself trying to focus on other things to protect myself from being disappointed. It's when I'm not busy and have time to think I end up in a cycle of negative thinking. Very hard to overcome.

I'll be in AZ in the morning for a few days... being busy :-)

amazing grace said...

Congratulations! You are one step closer to your daughter! We are adopting our daughter from Taiwan and waiting to travel.
Can hardly wait!

Gen said...

Wooohooo-another step closer! Donna, i know exactly how you are feeling-and I had the same fears as you had. After so many disappointments-you are afraid to get excited because prior experience has pulled the rug out from underneath you. Go at your own pace and slowly you too, will start breaking down your walls.