Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Back from Disney and 14 months down!

We had a fabulous time at Disney! My friends, Jennifer & Christine, and I got in on Friday afternoon and met up with Shelley, Joannah, Janice, Kim, Hayley & Hannah, Lisa, and Michelle for dinner at Mimi's Cafe. It was SO nice to meet everyone and to see Lisa again.

We spent Saturday at Disneyland and Sunday at California Adventure. Both days we were at the parks bright and early and didn't give up until almost closing. We had a great time running around like kids and I loved every minute of it...except of course that Space Mountain ride. Christine and I both were a little green after that one, but everyone else loved it. At least we went...we had thought about chickening out at the last minute, but buckled up instead. We both regretted it in the end.

We had a great bunch of women on this trip! There were nine in our group and we stuck together almost the whole time. Everyone just went with the flow and we all had a lot of fun. Everyone got along great...I think it's that special adoptive momma connection!

Here's a photo slideshow of the trip...



Yesterday was our 14th LIDversary!!! Has it really been this long??

We are currently working on updating our homestudy and getting our I-171H renewed. Who would have ever thought 14 months ago that all these documents would actually expire!

9 comments:

C's Mom said...

Looks like you had an awesome trip :0)

Congrats on 14 less to wait.

Polar Bear said...

Looks like lots of fun! I love the name of the hotel.

Congrats on passing the 14 mark!

Joannah said...

I'm glad you all had so much fun over the weekend! It was wonderful to meet you, Donna.

Happy #14!

Shelley said...

Hey Donna - So good to be able to meet you. Thank you for making the trip out here. I glad you gals had a blast at D-land.

And congrats on passing another LID milestone. One more down.

Cheers,

Shell

4D said...

What a wonderful weekend from the looks of it. Welcome home!

Happy 14 Month LID-iversary!

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

You guys had sooo much fun! I'm glad for you! And happy 14th, we're just coming up on 9.....:-)

janet T.

redmaryjanes said...

Happy 14! Your trip looks wonderful. I just love Disney.

OziMum said...

I'm so jealous! Looks like you had a fantastic time! ONE DAY, we will get to the US, and Disneyland is definitely on the agenda... yes, we're into materialistic stuff!!!

Christie said...

Oooh girl! Me thinks the M3 Posse might have to copy that trip (argh! apparently I'm a pirate now?!?)....looks like too much fun to pass up...

Um hmmm....gonna have to put that one out there to the gals - I love me some Disneyland, California girl that I am...

xoxo