Monday, April 02, 2007

Prayers for Addy...

Please send a prayer this way tonight for Addy. We had to take her to the vet this afternoon because she's been having a terrible time walking on her back legs. Sometimes she limps and then just stands there while she gets up the courage to start moving again. We can tell she's in pain sometimes when she walks.

If you remember, she was diagnosed with cancer back in June 2005 and wasn't expected to survive past the end of 2005, but she's been such a trooper and is still here with us.

While the doctor was checking her out today she discovered that Addy has a really bad heart murmur and irregular heartbeat, so the pain in her legs could either be caused by this or by arthritis. Of course, she can't go on arthritis meds until she has an echocardiogram to check out her heart. We haven't scheduled an echo yet because we want to see what her blood work reveals first.

Please say a little prayer for her...she could use all the good wishes she can get!

18 comments:

4D said...

Poor baby dog! I hope it all turns out well and I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Keep smilin!

M3 said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry Donna. Hang in there, this must be so painful for everyone. Sending good thoughts and huge hugs.

Anonymous said...

It's so scary to have a pet hurting...we're sending positive thoughts your way to you, Joe and Addy tonight! If we can help at all, just let us know...

Anonymous said...

I hate it when I read these types of posts - poor baby. :(
Stephanie
www.forksandchopsticks.wordpress.com

Stephe said...

Donna & Joe, Pirate came through his surgery fine and we are both praying the Addy is feeling better soon. We are sending great big hugs and great big prayers. My heart just breaks when our babies are hurting. Big hugs. Stephe

Polar Bear said...

Donna,

I am so sorry to hear about Addy. She will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

Stacy

C's Mom said...

I am so sorry to hear about sweet Addy! She is in my thoughts and prayers.

redmaryjanes said...

I will say a prayer for sweet Addy.

Kim said...

I've actually been thinking about Addy lately and wondering how she's doing. I'm so sorry she's not doing well and will most definitely say a prayer for your little sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Praying for your baby. My little one is having some issues to at the moment so my heart goes out to you both.

Scott and Kim said...

Poor Addy, we hope you are able to get some answers from the blood tests. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Adyy is in my thoughts, sweet girl. Our sweetheart pets are so vulnerable and I will be sending positive thoughts your way.

Lisa and Tate said...

Prayers for Addy...

Mesa sends snuggles and licks to you and to Addy.

Hugs
Lisa

Colleen said...

BIG prayers - not little ones from me....

Please keep us all posted. I am thinking of you and sweet Addy. Sending lots of prayers and hugs. (and kisses from Copper / our dog)

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Addy....Sending prayers your way.

Abby's Mom said...

I'm sending prayers for you and your puppy!

Alyson and Ford said...

Take care of Addy and yourselves.

Alyson

dreamer said...

As a fellow mom of dogs, I can tell you I feel for you. Thinking of Addy, please let us know how things go.