Sunday, April 22, 2007

Strange find...

I had a little something extra in my 100 calorie pack of chocolate chip cookies...



I ate a few of the cookies, then shook the bag a little and something just didn't seem right. I reached in and pulled out a steel nut. I dumped the bag out and there was a screw in there too! My husband, being the mechanical guy that he is, had to see if they fit together and sure enough they do. I think it was a bad day on the old assembly line over there at Keebler. I can't believe that these parts came loose and both fell at the exact moment that my tiny little cookie bag was passing through.

At least it wasn't a finger or something totally gross like that. I'm going to e-mail Keebler and see if they want their parts back. ;)

11 comments:

Kayce said...

That is plain freaky!!!! Are you gonna send it to Keebler?

Stacy said...

How very strange. Keebler sure has some loose screws! LOL :)

C.J. said...

Oops...hmmm, I wonder how many calories are in a screw and a nut? ;0)

Dawn and Dale said...

Oh my!!!

I'd freak!!!!

Let us know what they say!! I'm curious to hear their reaction!!

Lisa and Tate said...

WHAT??? I think you have a pretty good case against Keebler.... Maybe you can get a lifetime supply of Keebler!!??

Lisa

redmaryjanes said...

That's amazing! Thank goodness you didn't bite it.

Robin said...

OMG... I can't wait to hear what Keebler has to say. They'll probably want to reimburse your for your little bag of cookies.. (hope they don't break the bank on that one.. lol}
Thankfully, you didn't accidentally bite down on that little nut/screw since it was cookies and not a bag of nuts so to speak.

Doris & Dan said...

Holy crap! Get on the horn and let them know. Totally unacceptable.

Keep smilin!

Lee-Anne said...

Hmmm... odd! Can't be too healthy eating cookies that have been rubbing up against dirty old machinery?!!!

You could say Keebler will think they're "screwed" now!!!

Anonymous said...

I wonder how many calories those things are....maybe it's a new weight loss strategy....eat our cookies....bit on some metal.....break your teeth.....can't eat. It would work, I guess.....wowsers. Let us know what they say.....

Janet T.

fuzzandfuzzlet said...

Don`t you know that is the low calorie part????? lol