Sunday, April 22, 2007

Strange find...

I had a little something extra in my 100 calorie pack of chocolate chip cookies...



I ate a few of the cookies, then shook the bag a little and something just didn't seem right. I reached in and pulled out a steel nut. I dumped the bag out and there was a screw in there too! My husband, being the mechanical guy that he is, had to see if they fit together and sure enough they do. I think it was a bad day on the old assembly line over there at Keebler. I can't believe that these parts came loose and both fell at the exact moment that my tiny little cookie bag was passing through.

At least it wasn't a finger or something totally gross like that. I'm going to e-mail Keebler and see if they want their parts back. ;)

11 comments:

Kayce said...

That is plain freaky!!!! Are you gonna send it to Keebler?

Polar Bear said...

How very strange. Keebler sure has some loose screws! LOL :)

C's Mom said...

Oops...hmmm, I wonder how many calories are in a screw and a nut? ;0)

Dawn and Dale said...

Oh my!!!

I'd freak!!!!

Let us know what they say!! I'm curious to hear their reaction!!

Lisa and Tate said...

WHAT??? I think you have a pretty good case against Keebler.... Maybe you can get a lifetime supply of Keebler!!??

Lisa

redmaryjanes said...

That's amazing! Thank goodness you didn't bite it.

Robin said...

OMG... I can't wait to hear what Keebler has to say. They'll probably want to reimburse your for your little bag of cookies.. (hope they don't break the bank on that one.. lol}
Thankfully, you didn't accidentally bite down on that little nut/screw since it was cookies and not a bag of nuts so to speak.

4D said...

Holy crap! Get on the horn and let them know. Totally unacceptable.

Keep smilin!

OziMum said...

Hmmm... odd! Can't be too healthy eating cookies that have been rubbing up against dirty old machinery?!!!

You could say Keebler will think they're "screwed" now!!!

Anonymous said...

I wonder how many calories those things are....maybe it's a new weight loss strategy....eat our cookies....bit on some metal.....break your teeth.....can't eat. It would work, I guess.....wowsers. Let us know what they say.....

Janet T.

fuzzandfuzzlet said...

Don`t you know that is the low calorie part????? lol