Monday, January 07, 2008

New stamp series...

In observance of the Chinese New Year, the U.S. Postal Service will debut a new stamp series for the 12 different animals in the Chinese calendar. The series will continue through 2019.

The first stamp in the series is for the Year of the Rat. This stamp will be unveiled this Wednesday in San Francisco. I can't wait to see what it looks like. Of course, I'll be in line to buy several packs of these...one to tuck away for Lauren.

Wouldn't these stamps be adorable for mailing referral announcements? Of course, by the time some of us get our referrals, the postage rate will change again! ;)

7 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

What a fun collection! I'll have to look for that!

4D said...

Nifty!

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. I just went to USPS on-line and you can order a commemorative sheet and pretty envelope. Wouldn't that be fun to collect for our future babies? The full set will be complete in 2019! Shipping was only $1. Thank you so much for posting about these beautiful stamps - warning - the site does show what they look like. -Dale 5-24-06

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I have 'Chinese New Year' stamps from Australia... they are so nice... take care...

RoLo said...

great idea

Carol said...

Year of the Rat.............hmmmmmmmmm

Ok that is just saying something to me..........after they removed the LID box today from the CCAA site............

Ms. Emily is a Rooster

Catherine said...

Here in Canada we're just finishing the cycle this year with the Year of the Rat. Sadly I have collected a Year of the Dog and Year of the Pig for Hannah and this week will purchase a Year of the Rat. Hopefully I won't need to go further but it's great to know that our friends to the south are just starting their series so that if I need one next year I'll be able to buy it there.

Ours have been beautiful stamps and each time I've received one on an agency newsletter it has made me smile.

Looking forward to seeing your stamps. What a treat it will be for you to use on Lauren's referral announcements!!